13 June 2009

Sometimes These Are the Good Ole Days

With all the articles the last couple days on security and social media (web 2.0, or whatever!) I thought I'd pass this along.

I was thinking back to a couple nights ago and having a chat as I watched the NBA finals game 3. I was chatting with my brother-in-law Mike (who is on Afghanistan) and he was watching it as well-though it was well before breakfast for him). It was as though we were watching the game together.

'Wow, what a shot!' 'Where was the call!!!!' Instant back and forth between us.



Having Jeff over in Iraq call his father's cell at the hospital just about the same time Gillian was delivering Lliam was great, and then to get to talk to her and hear his newborn son making noises--pretty awesome. And Jeff gets to talk to Gill very frequently as well. I can recall as a kid when my father was in Vietnam, we did not hear from him too regularly except through a tape now and then and a letter (sometimes frequent and sometimes sporadic).

So, I thought to myself, 'self, tech is really cool'. These are really small examples of the social media and of course, tech has made many more advances in other areas that are leaps and bounds beyond these.
All-in-all, today is a good time to be alive.

Oh, and Mike, thanks for
watching the game with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment